Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Holidays in July

By Andy Paultanis

My grandmother Rose Haggerty had six children and 28 grandchildren.  She began her December holiday shopping in July.  My grandfather and her lived on a fixed pension so she took advantage of as many sales as she could to buy gifts for her family.  She planned ahead.

 
This year in Katy Toastmasters we are also planning ahead for the Holidays.  The President of the club always hosts the party.  I have taken the liberty to book the clubhouse of my subdivision, Deerfield, for Saturday, December 14, 2013.

Book your calendars now.

This is two weeks after Thanksgiving and two weeks before Christmas, both national holidays.

It is a very pleasant facility with ample space and amenities plus plenty of parking.

(My family tends to host parties at the community clubhouse since we had an incident when I placed my Golden Retriever, Vegas, in the master bedroom, away from guests.  Vegas believes everybody loves her and wants to pet her. She is about one hundred pounds.  She proceeded to rip the door apart trying to get out creating such damage to the door lock she locked herself in and we had to call a locksmith to open the door.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment